TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DAYS AND RENTAL DAYS
• Days cannot be reserved in advance
• A rental day for passenger cars is equal to 24 hours
• The 24-hour period for passenger cars can start at any time during our opening hours
• The minimum rental period is 3 days
Don’t forget to have your ID to hand when you pick up your rental car. These must all be in the name of the tenant. Tropical Car rental Bonaire reserves the right to check the data in advance.
Renters who do not reside on Bonaire must bring a valid driver’s license and credit card (American Express, VISA and Eurocard/Mastercard) with them when they come to pick up the rental car.
Attention! Any additional driver must be present at the time of pick-up of the rental car. This additional driver only needs to be able to show a valid driver’s license, which has been in possession for at least 1 year.
AGE/VALIDITY DRIVING LICENSE
• The renter (and any additional driver(s)) must have had their driver’s license for at least one year
• The tenant (and any additional driver(s)) must be at least 21 years old
• Tropical Car Rental Bonaire only rents private vehicles to persons who can present a driving license in their name.
• A driving license on which it is stated by the issuing country that this driving license is ONLY AND ONLY valid in the country of issue, is NOT valid on Bonaire.
WHAT DO YOU RENT?
• The price of the rental car includes VAT, All-risk insurance, with a Deductible of $500.00 all kilometers free and including one additional driver.
• You have the option to reduce the deductible to $50.00 . (See our website)
• The price of the rental car does not include fuel costs. You must return the car with a full tank. If this is not possible, we charge $25.00 per quarter tank. So half full is $50.00, empty is $100.00. We also charge $25.00 for refueling the car.
Your car is fully insured against damage to your rental car and damage to the other party with a deductible of $500.00 per event. The maximum amount that can be paid out has been set by our insurance company Nagico at $83,300 per event. If the damage exceeds this amount, you are responsible for it yourself.
You are obliged to check the condition of the car for damage and to make photos or a film on your smartphone so that there is no discussion afterwards.
In case of damage to the car or a traffic accident, we will charge you the costs of the deductible.
• For passenger cars, the minimum deposit is $500.00. This can be done in cash or by providing your credit card details.
• Tenants are responsible for being aware of and complying with local laws and regulations.
• Tropical Car rental Bonaire reserves the right not to rent a car in appropriate cases.
The following rules apply to cancellations:
• You can cancel free of charge up to 48 hours before departure to Bonaire
• If you cancel within 48 hours of departure to Bonaire, a maximum of $50.00 will be charged as a cancellation fee
• Cancellations due to ‘no show’ will result in payment of the entire rental amount
• If you have paid in advance and you cancel at least 48 hours before departure to Bonaire, the fully prepaid amount will be refunded to your account within 5 working days.
• When a car is returned earlier, in case of prepayment, no refund will be made for unused rental days