Terms and Conditions
Day parts and rental days
- Day parts can not be reserved in advance
- A rental day for passenger cars is equal to 24 hours
- The 24-hour period for passenger cars can start at any time during our opening hours
- The minimum rental period is 3 days
Do not forget to have your ID on hand when picking up your rental car. These must all be in the name of the tenant. Tropical Carrental Bonaire reserves the right to check the data in advance.
Tenants who are not resident on Bonaire must bring a valid driver’s license and credit card (American Express, VISA and Eurocard / Mastercard) on their name when they pick up the rental car.
Note: Any additional driver must be present at the moment of pick up the rental car. This additional driver must only be able to show a valid driving license, which is in possession for at least 1 year.
Age / validity of driving license
- The lessee (and any additional driver (s)) must be in possession of the driving license for at least one year;
- The tenant (and possibly additional driver (s)) must be at least 23 years old
- Tropical Carrental Bonaire only privately leases vehicles to persons who can present a driving license in their name.
- A driving license which the issuing country states that this driving license is valid ONLY AND EXCLUSIVELY in the issuing country is NOT valid on Bonaire.
What do you rent?
- The price of the rental car includes VAT, third party insurance, standard own risk of $ 500.00 and all kilometers free.
- You have the possibility to buy an all-risk insurance policy. (see insurance packages on our website)
- The price of the rental car is excluding fuel costs. You must return the car with a full tank. If this is not possible, then we charge $ 25.00 per quarter tank of costs. So half full is $ 50.00, empty is $ 100.00.
You are required to check the condition of the car for damages and to take photos or a movie on your smartphone so that there can be no discussion afterwards.
In case of any damage to the car or a traffic accident, we will charge you the costs of repair according to your insurance plan.
- For passenger cars, the minimum deposit is $ 500.00. This can be paid in cash or by issuing your credit card details.
- Tenants are responsible for ensuring that they are aware of and comply with local laws and regulations.
- Tropical Carrental Bonaire reserves the right not to rent out a car in certain cases.
The following rules apply for canceling:
- You can cancel free of charge up to 48 hours before departure to Bonaire
- If you cancel within 48 hours before departure to Bonaire, a maximum of € 50.00 will be charged as cancellation costs
- Cancellations due to ‘no show’ result in payment of the entire rental amount
- If you have paid in advance and you cancel no later than 48 hours before departure to Bonaire, the fully prepaid amount will be refunded to your account within 5 working days
- When a car is returned earlier, in case of prepayment no refund will be made for unused rental days.